Generator Annual Service
Generators are one of the most important pieces of machinery in a vessel’s power puzzle, but, more often than not, they are left untouched in the corner of the engine room, only to be checked or maintained when there is a problem.
Without a working power source, boat owners, guests and crew can be left without air conditioning, electronics, galley equipment and more, rendering the boat useless. It is therefore important not to ignore your generator.
Sydney Marine Electrical, service and install most marine generators including Kohler and Onan. Our team is fully qualified to perform warranty repairs, undertake scheduled service, repair, maintain and install marine generators. We offer a regular yearly service and repair service for peace-of-mind.
It’s recommended that you have your generator checked and serviced before departing on an ocean cruise, ensuring that the generator is properly prepared for the trip ahead.
Our annual service will:
- Check the battery is fully charged
- Inspect and tighten all hose clamps and fittings
- Replace all fluid levels with the required amount
- Start the generator and inspect it for leaks or strange noises
- Ensure the area is properly ventilated and that the generator is fully cleaned before departure
- Attempt to start and stop the generator from all required control panels
- Turn on all loads expected to be operated during the trip and leave for a few minutes, making sure not to overload the generator
- Identify possible necessary spare parts and replace where possible